- Location:Gurgaon, Haryana
- Experience:8-10 Years
- No of Positions:1
- Qualifications:B.A./BBA/B.Tech Marketing/MBA
Oversee the planning, development and execution of demand generation programs to generate
leads from both new prospects and existing customers that meet buyer profiles. Accelerate the
leads through the sales and marketing funnel, ultimately meeting quarterly and annual revenue
Build and lead a demand generation function that includes collaboration with:
- Product management to align demand generation efforts with product release plans and
revenue and growth goals by product.
- Product and/or solution marketing to ensure consistency of messaging in demand
generation campaigns and to exploit competitive differentiators and optimize account-
based marketing programs.
- Content marketing and/or external creative service agencies to develop compelling
content and calls to action (CTAs) that capture attention of top-of-funnel leads, as well
as accelerate deals through the sales and marketing funnel. Ensure content and calls to
action are aligned to messaging and mapped to segments, buyer personas and stages
in the buying cycle.
- Digital marketing team members and/or external agencies to ensure websites, landing
pages and owned digital channels actively promote demand generation content and
- Sales and field marketing to support in-region events and localization of global/corporate
demand generation campaigns.
- Corporate marketing/influencer marketing/PR staff and agencies to align the corporate
communications editorial calendar and social media calendars with demand generation
- Sales development reps (SDRs) to ensure that lead follow-up and outbound sales
messaging are consistent with marketing messages.
- Sales leadership to establish and execute on account-based marketing programs.
- Sales enablement teams to develop “sales plays” to support each demand generation
initiative and to ensure alignment with sales to support pipeline goals.
- Customer success management and support services to identify customer leads to drive
existing-customer growth by delivering effective cross-sell and upsell campaigns.
- Partner/channel marketing to leverage demand generation campaigns in co-marketing
Build multichannel campaigns (inbound, outbound and offline) that align messaging to the target
audience and to the buyer journey, including:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) — Deliver programs that improve organic search
rankings and maximize investment in search engine optimization.
- Search engine marketing (SEM) — Lead development of ad copy and landing page
development to capture lead data from paid search engine marketing efforts.
- Advertising — Develop targeted campaigns via social advertising (such as LinkedIn,
Facebook and Twitter), display and retargeting, and content syndication via third parties
and programmatic advertising vendors.
- Email — Clearly articulate business value to drive interest in our products and
Lead development of email subject lines and copy that are personalized on the basis of
the needs of the target profiles.
- Direct mail — Identify key targets and lead the creation of compelling direct mail
that drive buyers to act.
- Direct outreach — Work closely with SDRs to develop interactions that drive buyers to
act, including teleprospecting scripts, email templates and ongoing “sales plays” to
support campaign activity.
- Tradeshows — Develop overall tradeshow strategy objectives and supporting tradeshow
calendar with comprehensive preshow, on-site and follow-up campaign efforts to drive
interest from attendees and accelerate engagement with existing opportunities. Ensure
internal thought leaders are well-represented through tradeshow speaking opportunities
- Hosted events — Working closely with customer-facing teams, lead efforts to deliver
annual thought-leadership-based user conference, and support field marketing teams
with regional roadshows.
- Partner events — Co-market hosted events and co-sponsor tradeshows to enable co-
selling with channel partners.
Establish and manage quarterly and annual key performance indicators (KPIs) and budgets for
demand generation programs to ensure spend is allocated to highest-performing marketing
- Measure performance of the marketing mix and experiment to optimize across
- Provide executive-level transparency to demand generation results in weekly, monthly
and quarterly views.
- Support leadership with presentations to support quarterly reviews of demand
generation campaign results.
- Manage budgets and deliverables of third-party agencies, freelancers and contractors. Work
with IT to select tools and marketing technology (martech) stack to achieve goals.
General demand generation martech skills, including:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with CRM lead management tools (such as Pardot,
HubSpot, Marketo and Oracle Eloqua).
- Familiarity with the leading digital and social marketing platforms (such as Google and
- Familiarity with advertising technology platforms (such as Google Ads and AdRoll).
- Familiarity with marketing technology and tools, including personalization engines;
firmographic, technographic and intent data platforms; and content marketing platforms.
- Familiarity with common spreadsheet applications (such as Excel), including pivot tables
- Familiarity with building and optimizing account-based marketing programs.
- Familiarity with content syndication providers (such as Madison Logic and TechTarget).
- Understanding of buyer’s journey and marketing funnel stages.
Experience developing, implementing and determining business impact through various
- Ability to forecast the marketing funnel to ensure campaigns are measured and
optimized across the buying cycle and align with sales targets.
- Understanding of the typical approaches, methods, challenges and output of
multichannel attribution models and media mix modeling.
- Ability to present results in consumable formats, including dashboards, reports and data
Ability to hire and manage a team of direct reports, such as:
- Campaign managers.
- Marketing operations managers.
- Marketing automation specialists.
Experience hiring, managing and optimizing performance from agency partners, including:
- Developing and leading an RFP process when seeking new agencies.
- Defining KPIs and management reporting processes for agency partners.
- Conducting periodic reviews of agency performance.
- Effectively managing budgets with and through agency partners.
Cross-functional communication skills, including:
- Project planning and management.
- Ability to build relationships with functions outside marketing, such as sales, IT and
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to storyboard, write, design and deliver compelling presentations to senior leaders.
Seven years of business-to-business (B2B) marketing experience, with a minimum of five years
in enterprise technology.
Ability to share demand generation results for prior roles in enterprise technology providers,
including revenue contribution and deal acceleration.
- B.A. BBA or B.Tech. in marketing, or business or Technology.
- M.B.A. a MUST.
This role has a few basic job titles:
- Director (or senior director) of demand generation or lead generation.
- Demand generation or lead generation manager (or senior manager).
- Marketing manager.
Establish a means to track and report on marketing performance.
Performance measures for a director of demand generation fall into two categories.
First, performance metrics will include a roll-up of the day-to-day work of the campaigns that
role manages, such as:
- Development and launch of product release campaigns on time and in budget.
- Development and execution of targeted demand generation programs, including nurture
- Daily campaign performance and optimization.
Second, performance measures should reflect the strategic responsibilities of the role,
- Health of marketing and sales funnel.
- Account engagement.
- Pipeline contribution.
- Revenue contribution.
- ROI by marketing channel and campaign.